Business Development and Sales Lead
About The Energy Co-op
The Energy Co-op is a sustainability-focused 501(c)(12) nonprofit cooperative providing renewable electricity, renewable natural gas, and heating oil services to thousands of households and small businesses in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Northern Delaware. As a member-owned cooperative, our customers are our owners. We are a team-based environment that prides itself on collaboration and employee development.
The Business Development and Sales Lead will oversee all of our membership growth activities, efforts to develop new revenue, and sales. The role will focus heavily on external presence and engaging new markets physically. The person in this role enjoys in-person communication, face-time with prospects and partners, and is comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people on their own. You will work with our Executive Director to create and execute membership development strategies to increase membership.
Member Growth and Sales
- Develop and execute effective strategies to attract new members in line with the cooperative, nonprofit organization model and industry regulation and best practices
- Effectively forecast and meet revenue projections in pursuit of membership growth
- Develop mission- and Co-op-aligned sales strategies to engage new markets and program prospects
- Coordinate with current members to identify membership growth opportunities
- Identify new member markets and opportunities
- Identify and develop unique business development opportunities
- Identify high-value, mission-aligned partnership opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or similar
- 4-6 years of direct-to-consumer sales or business development experience
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in everyday language
- Outstanding oral communications skills
- Very experienced and comfortable with public speaking and representing organizational mission, vision, and goals externally
- Experience managing accounts in CRM database (for example Salesforce and Constant Contact)
- Experience in clean energy and/or the nonprofit sector
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Ronald Fisher, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and use “Business Development and Sales Lead” as the subject line. Tell us how you learned about this position, why you think you’d be a good fit, and your salary requirements. Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and the position will remain available until filled. No phone calls, in-person applications, or recruiters, please.
Hours, Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is contingent upon experience. The Energy Co-op prides itself on providing a high-quality work-life balance with a competitive compensation and benefits package and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Further, The Energy Co-op supports and promotes equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and all forms of diversity.