Marketing and Communications Manager
About The Energy Co-op
The Energy Co-op is a sustainability-focused 501(c)(12) nonprofit cooperative providing renewable electricity, renewable natural gas, and heating oil services to thousands of households and small businesses in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Northern Delaware. As a member-owned cooperative, our customers are our owners. We are a team-based environment that prides itself on collaboration and employee development.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will oversee all of our marketing and communications activities, events and sponsorships efforts, and engage with existing members in order to broaden The Energy Co-op’s reach and influence, establish The Energy Co-op as a thought leader in the industry, and ultimately increase membership. You will work with our Executive Director and member recruitment staff to create and own membership communications and marketing campaigns in order to enhance our connection with existing members, engage new markets, and increase brand awareness.
Marketing & Communications
- Create annual/seasonal/monthly communications and marketing schedules to support our programs, sales, and high-level initiatives throughout the year
- Manage and improve our social media presence
- Manage website maintenance and updates ensuring The Energy Co-op’s website has fresh content, remains aesthetically appealing, and functions well
- Create original written and visual content for various marketing and sales initiatives including blog posts, digital communications, conferences, events, presentations, etc.
- Identify and manage high-value strategic sponsorship opportunities to increase The Energy Co-op’s community presence
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications
- 4-6 years of marketing and communications experience
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in everyday language
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Experience with traditional and digital marketing
- Experience managing accounts in CRM database (particularly Salesforce)
- Experience with email communication platforms (particularly Constant Contact)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience in clean energy and/or the nonprofit sector
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Ronald Fisher, Executive Director, at email@example.com, and use “Marketing and Communications Manager” as the subject line. Tell us how you learned about this position, why you think you’d be a good fit, and your salary requirements. Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and the position will remain available until filled. No phone calls, in-person applications, or recruiters, please.
Hours, Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is contingent upon experience. The Energy Co-op prides itself on providing a high-quality work-life balance with a competitive compensation and benefits package and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Further, The Energy Co-op supports and promotes equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and all forms of diversity.