Energy Co-op Marketing and Communications Internship
The Energy Co-op is seeking two part-time summer interns to support the association’s communications, community education and thought leadership initiatives. This is a paid position. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to build foundational knowledge of renewable energy markets, learn to articulate complex concepts clearly, and effectively communicate your knowledge of and passion for renewable energy and sustainability to a diverse array of audiences at events throughout the region. You will develop strong relationships in the Philadelphia sustainability community through training, mentorship and ongoing feedback. The internship’s duration will be from on/about June 15 through on/about August 15th.
In this position, you will:
- Support the development of marketing campaigns including developing materials and researching target audiences.
- Perform research in support of Energy Co-op communications projects.
- Represent The Energy Co-op at community events (such as farmers’ markets, community fairs, etc).
- Assist Co-op staff in planning future programs and initiatives.
- Periodically assist with administrative duties.
If you are interested in learning more about renewable energy and sustainability, this is a great opportunity to gain experience in a growing organization. The position will require a minimum of 15 hours per week, frequently on weekends and occasionally evenings. Weekly schedules will be developed in consultation with Energy Co-op staff.
- Junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in sustainability, environmental science, environmental policy, renewable energy, communications, marketing or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong research and analysis abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Powerpoint.
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Internship in the subject line. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, April 30th.
About The Energy Co-op:
Founded in 1979, the Energy Co-op, based in Philadelphia, Pa. is leading the energy evolution by helping members buy energy as sustainably and affordably as possible. The organization has been addressing Pennsylvania’s energy challenges for over 40 years and offers renewable electricity, renewable natural gas and affordable home heating oil.
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of The Energy Co-op to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.