Marketing and Communications Internship
Energy Co-op Marketing and Communications Internship
The Energy Co-op is seeking two part-time spring semester interns to support the Co-op’s communications, community education and thought leadership initiatives. This is a paid position. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to build foundational knowledge of renewable energy markets, learn to articulate complex concepts clearly, and effectively communicate your knowledge of and passion for renewable energy and sustainability to a diverse array of audiences at events throughout the region. You will develop strong relationships in the Philadelphia sustainability community through training, mentorship and ongoing feedback. The internship’s duration will be from on/about March 1 through on/about May 15.
In this position, you will:
- Develop communication materials for Co-op staff including Powerpoint presentations, speeches and other written materials.
- Perform research in support of Co-op communications projects.
- Represent the Co-op at community events (such as farmers’ markets, community fairs, etc).
- Plan, research and author a white paper on a topic related to renewable energy, sustainability or community development with a focus on Philadelphia and Pennsylvania in collaboration with Co-op staff.
- Periodically assist with administrative duties.
If you are interested in learning more about renewable energy and sustainability, this is a great opportunity to gain experience in a growing organization. The position will require a minimum of 15 hours per week, frequently on weekends (particularly during April and May) and occasionally evenings. Weekly schedules will be developed in consultation with Co-op staff.
- Junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in sustainability, environmental science, environmental policy, renewable energy, communications, marketing or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong research and analysis abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Powerpoint.
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Internship in the subject line. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 15th.
About The Energy Co-op:
Founded in 1979, the Energy Co-op, based in Philadelphia, Pa. is leading the energy evolution by helping members buy energy as sustainably and affordably as possible. The organization has been addressing Pennsylvania’s energy challenges for over 40 years and offers renewable electricity, renewable natural gas and affordable home heating oil.
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of The Energy Co-op to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.