Join WURD Radio on October 11, Indigenous Peoples’ Day at Bartram’s Garden for their third annual ecoWURD Environmental Justice Summit. Reality Check host Charles Ellison will host panels focused on the climate change crisis and the relationship between violence and the environment, and Zulene Mayfield, founder of Chester Residents Concerned for Quality Living, will be the summit’s keynote speaker. The Energy Co-op is proud to sponsor this year’s Summit.
Attendees are required to RSVP in advance.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
— 1 p.m.: Welcome ceremony by David Hughes, headman at The Eagle Medicine Band of Cherokee Indians
— 1:15 p.m.: Keynote speaker Zulene Mayfield
— 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Here’s How Philly Prepares for Climate Crisis
- Ogbonna Hagins, Philly Green Man
- Pennsylvania State Rep. Chris Rabb
- Alexis Wiley
2:50-3:50 p.m.: Centering Violence Prevention Around Nature
- Tommy Joshua, co-founder of North Philly Peace Park
- Philadelphia City Councilwoman Jamie Gauthier
- Terrill Haigler, Ya Fav Trashman