Community Powered. Responsibly Managed.
We are a community of responsible energy consumers. Join us.
Powering your home or business with clean electricity, renewable natural gas, or affordable home heating oil from The Energy Co-op is similar to purchasing energy from any number of other suppliers.
But, we’re not like every other supplier. When you switch to The Energy Co-op, you are choosing to keep your energy dollars local, supporting Pennsylvania’s economy and encouraging the development of more renewable energy in-state.
By signing up for any of our services, you become a Co-op member. That means you have a right to know (and vote on) how your energy is sourced and how the organization is run.
To most energy companies, this degree of transparency would be revolutionary. To us, it’s just how we do business.
- No sign-up or membership fees and completely transparent pricing.
- Membership in a local, non-profit, mission-driven organization.
- Access to member-only events in Philadelphia and the surrounding area.
- No contracts – cancel service anytime without cancellation fees.
- Cooperative ownership means that members vote on the organization’s governance and direction.
The Energy Co-op uses the power of community to provide members with 100% renewable electricity, renewable natural gas and affordable, transparently-priced heating oil.